Preserving Your Privacy in Our Operations at The Bitcoin Way
At The Bitcoin Way, we prioritize your privacy. While we may collect personal information from our clients and visitors, you are not required to use your real name or a personal identifying email address. Our collection methods are designed to help us serve you better while ensuring your privacy. Here's how we gather information:
At The Bitcoin Way, we may collect personal information from our clients and visitors through various methods, each designed to provide us with the data we need to serve you better while maintaining your privacy. Here's how we gather information:
- DIRECT INFORMATION: We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us. This includes your name, email address, phone number, and any other contact or identifying details that you directly provide during your interactions with us, such as when you sign up for our services, participate in our workshops or events, communicate with our customer service, or make inquiries about our services.
- COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES: Our website only employs necessary cookies to enhance your browsing experience. These cookies are essential for the functioning of the website and do not track or gather any personal information. They are used to recognize your device, remember your preferences, and ensure the security of our services. We do not utilize pixel tags, web beacons, or other similar technologies for tracking user activity or gathering information about how our website is used.
- SOCIAL MEDIA INTERACTIONS: If you engage with our social media accounts, we might receive personal information from social media sites in accordance with your privacy settings on those platforms, such as your name, profile picture, and public activity.
- SURVEYS AND FEEDBACK: We may also collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through surveys, feedback, reviews, or other interactive features of our services.
Please note that we only collect information that is necessary for legitimate business purposes and comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding data collection.
We use Plausible Analytics, an open-source, privacy-friendly analytics tool. Here's why it's privacy-centric:
- Completely open-source, allowing transparency.
- Minimized data collection, secured, encrypted, and hosted in the EU.
- No tracking or collection of personal data. No IP addresses, unlike server logs.
- Aggregate data only, without individual tracking.
- No cross-device tracking; data is isolated to a single device.
- No cross-website tracking; data stays site-specific.
- No cookies or persistent identifiers, with unique visitor counts resetting daily.
- No sharing or sending of data to advertisers or third parties. Data isn't monetized or mined for trends; website owners have complete ownership.
- An in-built feature for transparency, allowing site owners to share stats publicly.
We only collect data necessary for business and adhere to all relevant laws and regulations on data collection.
Cal.com Integration on Our Contact Page
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or by emailing at email@example.com.
At The Bitcoin Way, we use the personal information we collect for several purposes, all aimed at delivering the best possible service to our clients and visitors. The ways we use your personal information include:
- SERVICE PROVISION: We primarily use your personal information to provide and improve our consulting services. This includes, addressing your inquiries, offering you tailored solutions, and delivering other business operations that you request or authorize.
- CLIENT COMMUNICATION: Your personal information allows us to communicate effectively with you. We use your contact details to respond to your queries, send updates about our services, provide customer support, and share information that may be of interest to you.
- LEGAL COMPLIANCE: We may use your personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. This could include responding to legal processes or governmental inquiries, enforcing our terms and conditions, protecting our rights and property, and preventing and detecting security incidents and illegal activities.
- OTHER PURPOSES: With your consent or as permitted by law, we may use your personal information for other purposes. These may include marketing activities, research and development initiatives, and sharing your testimonials or feedback to promote our services.
Please be assured that we only use your personal information where we have a legitimate reason to do so, and we always respect your rights and privacy.
Responsible Disclosure of Personal Information
At The Bitcoin Way, we are committed to safeguarding your personal information and maintaining your privacy. However, we may need to share your personal information with third parties in certain circumstances, always aiming to protect your information and comply with legal obligations. These circumstances include:
- SERVICE PROVIDERS: We work with a variety of third-party service providers that assist us in our business operations. These may include payment processors, data storage and processing services, identity verification services, customer service platforms, and others. These third-party providers have access to your personal information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- PROFESSIONAL ADVISORS: We may share your personal information with our professional advisors, such as lawyers, accountants, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they provide to us.
- BUSINESS TRANSFERS: In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, your personal information may be transferred. We will ensure that one of the transferring parties provides you with information about the handling of your personal data.
- LEGAL AND REGULATORY COMPLIANCE: We may disclose your personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. This includes responding to court orders, subpoenas, or other legal processes, protecting our rights, and cooperating with governmental agencies, law enforcement, or regulatory authorities.
- PROTECTING RIGHTS AND SAFETY: We may share your personal information to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Bitcoin Way, our users, or others. This includes sharing information for the purpose of fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and customer support.
Please note that we do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
Upholding Robust Measures for Information Protection
At The Bitcoin Way, we take the security of your personal information very seriously. We understand the importance of safeguarding your data in our increasingly digital world, and we're committed to implementing robust security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. Here's how we ensure your data's safety:
- SECURITY MEASURES: We employ various security technologies and procedures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. This includes the use of secure servers, firewalls, encryption, and secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
- EMPLOYEE ACCESS: Only authorized employees have access to personal data. These employees are trained in data protection and understand the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information.
- THIRD-PARTY SECURITY: We require our third-party service providers to adhere to strict data protection and confidentiality provisions to ensure that they provide an adequate level of protection for your personal information.
- BREACH MANAGEMENT: In the unlikely event of a data breach, we have procedures in place to mitigate the effects of such a breach and to notify the affected individuals and relevant authorities, as required by law.
Please be aware that while we take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, no website, online operation, computer system, or wireless connection is completely secure. Consequently, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. We strongly recommend that you use complex passwords, ensure your internet connection is secure, and protect against unauthorized access to your password and computer.
At The Bitcoin Way, we are committed to only retaining your personal information for as long as it's necessary. Our data retention policies are designed to ensure that we meet this commitment. Here's how we manage data retention:
- RETENTION PERIOD: We retain your personal information for the duration of our business relationship, and thereafter as required or permitted by applicable laws or regulations. The retention period varies depending on the purpose of the data processing and the nature of the information.
- COMPLIANCE WITH LEGAL OBLIGATIONS: In certain cases, we may be legally required to retain your personal information for a certain period after our business relationship ends. This could be due to tax laws, commercial laws, or other regulatory requirements.
- DELETION AFTER RETENTION PERIOD: After the applicable retention period, we will securely delete or anonymize your personal information, unless there is a legitimate and lawful reason to continue storing it. For instance, if there is an ongoing legal dispute or investigation.
- CLIENT REQUEST: You may have the right to request deletion of your personal information under certain circumstances. We will respond to such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
- DATA ARCHIVING: In some cases, we may archive personal information (meaning it is stored but not readily accessible) for research or statistical purposes, in which case the information will remain secure and anonymized where appropriate.
Remember, the retention of your personal information is subject to your rights as an individual to request access, rectification, and erasure under the applicable data protection law. We are committed to complying with all relevant laws and regulations regarding data retention and protection.
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18 (“Child” or “Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children under 18. If you become aware that a Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- FEEDBACK: We appreciate and value your feedback. If you believe there's an area we could improve or if you're particularly satisfied with our service, please let us know. We strive for continual improvement and your insights are critical to our success.
- COMPLAINTS: If you believe your data privacy rights have been infringed upon, or if you have any complaints about our data practices, you may contact us at the aforementioned email address. We take all complaints very seriously and will respond promptly.
Your privacy is important to us, and we're committed to protecting your personal data and ensuring that we're transparent about the data we collect, why we collect it, and how we process it.